Copyright © 2021 Seamless Steel Pipe,Tubing and Casing, API 5L line pipe-Bestar Steel Co., Ltd.All rights reserved.
Already know what you need?
Request a quote
Search results may not reflect all products and sizes. Contact a sales repfor the most accurate information.Get a quote now
Match your project requirements with our inventory. View our product catalog.Download
Product & service resources
Find more information on our products and services and view our conversion charts and calculators.Show me more
Liquid epoxy coating pipe
Used for natural gas, petroleum, water & sewage, and pipe systems
Plain End/Bevelled End, Burr Removed
What does Liquid Epoxy Coating mean?
Liquid epoxy coating is a coating system composed of two substances. It is mainly applied on floors and gives off a unique finish compared to traditional coatings because of its distinct chemical composition.
The two elements of liquid epoxy coating are kept separated before application. When combined, these components, which are composed of thermosetting polymers, go through a chemical reaction which builds a closely impassable bond. Once this reaction has occurred, liquid epoxy coating can be very difficult to remove. Removal typically necessitates breaking the liquid epoxy coating bond with the use of a methylene chloride or extreme heat.
Traditionally, liquid epoxy coating has been applied in commercial settings, most particularly warehouse and automotive facilities. This is the case since this type of coating is low maintenance and extremely durable, even to recurrent chemical or gasoline spills, vehicle traffic and other hazards.
Due to its flawless nature, it has become popular both in laboratory and medical settings. It is highly capable of producing a clean-room floor free of the risks for dirt and mold buildup. Liquid epoxy coating is also utilized in other industries like schools and animal facilities because of the convenience in cleaning it presents. Even modern homeowners have started using this coating due to its capacity to endure grease stains and oil.
Other benefits of liquid epoxy coating include:
It acts as a coating and filler at the same time.
It can be easily applied on uneven and rough surfaces quite easily.
It is resistant to various elements such as acid, rust, chemicals, corrosion and heat.
It is waterproof.
It is cost effective compared to other forms of coating.
In applying liquid epoxy coating, the surface should be totally cured, dried and de-greased with the help of a pressure washer. Then, it should be etched using a mixture of muriatic acid and water. The application process should be quick, as it dries fast. Most of all, wearing a ventilator is essential to avoid injuries or illnesses.
Epoxy Lining: AWWA C210 - White, or approved equal for shop and field joint
applied, except as modified herein.
1. Surface Preparation: SSPC-SP-10(64); Near White Blast Clean; 2.0 to 3.0 mils
2. Prime Coat: ACRO 4460 NSF Certified Epoxy - Buff; 4.0 to 6.0 mils DFT or approved equal.
3. Intermediate Coat: ACRO 4460 NSF Certified Epoxy - Buff: 4.0 to 6.0 mils DFT or approved equal.
4. Finish Coat: ACRO 4460 NSF Certified Epoxy - White 4.0 to 6.0 mils DFT or approved equal.
5. Minimum allowable dry film system thickness: 12.0 mils.
6. Maximum allowable dry film system thickness: 18.0 mils.
7. Minimum field adhesion: 700 psi.
8. Dry film thicknesses for approved alternate products in accordance with the product manufacturer's recommendations.
9. The lining system may consist of three or more coats of the same approved alternate epoxy lining without the use of a separate primer.
10. Provide materials from the same manufacturer.
AWWA C210 Liquid-Epoxy Coating Systems for the Interior and Exterior of Special Sections, Connections, and Fittings for Steel Water Pipelines